Thursday 23 May 2013

Home is good

Settling back in to life at home has been a higher priority than writing over the past few days. Have thoroughly enjoyed my home cooked food of shrimp gumbo and a roast chicken dinner (my favourite). The rhubarb freshly picked from our garden made a delicious crisp. The aroma of good food and the fragrances of lilacs and lily of the valley is so renewing. The spring rains and cool temperatures are helping the seedlings in the garden grow.  I inspect the progress at least twice a day.
Booked the next trip which is a week in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia at the end of June. The ocean beckons to me! I want to look out to sea feeling the salty breezes on my cheeks. 
Great excitement. The wisteria planted about 5 years ago has bloomed for the first time!!!! Patience was needed. Not my greatest strength. 





1 comment:

  1. Welcome back Kerrin and thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures and captions of your trips with us. So please keep posting them up so we can enjoy the journey in your company.
    Take care,
    Yacouba

    ReplyDelete