Tuesday 16 July 2013

Another Frontier

The Hastings Highlands is a wonderful spot to spend these hot summer days. Not cool but but the proximity of Baptiste Lake makes it bearable. A trip to a jewel of an antique store filled with china and a big Kawartha dairy ice cream cone made for a great Sunday. The jewellery course is a real challenge for a basic crafts person like me and so far I have learned to cut metal with a saw and am in the midst of the painstaking process of making a ring out of sterling silver. The Haliburton School of the Arts is  hopping place full of folks making movies, learning the harp and printing etc. etc. Lots of middle aged ladies like me! Kids too. I start every morning with  a dip in the lake before driving through the countryside to the studio. I feel a bit out of my depth and find the propane torch intimidating. 




No comments:

Post a Comment