Monday 29 July 2013

Culture Close to Home

There's no place like home said Dorothy! I continue to have new adventures in my own town and neighbourhood. Last week  I saw the 1930's musical, "Anything Goes" which was as good as anything that  I saw on the London Stage on my travels earlier in the year.  Really upbeat and of course the tap dancing was marvellous. Then a lovely Sunday afternoon at the "Guild Alive with Culture" festival on the grounds of the historic Guild Inn overlooking Lake Ontario. Artists, sculptors, painters, authors and musical performances scattered among the architectural relics of old Toronto buildings. I really hope that all the levels of government and various community groups are successful in their efforts to preserve and revitalize this Scarborough gem. 





No comments:

Post a Comment