Thursday 27 June 2013

Cabot Trail to Antigonish

Lupins and rhododendrons have dotted the hills and roadsides everywhere we have been. Such vibrant colours in the often misty landscape. 
Last day on the Cabot Trail started with cool cloudy weather that transformed into sun after we crossed the mountains. Very interesting visit to the Glenora Distillery where the only single malt whiskey in Canada is produced. A nice Gaelic coffee and some fiddle music to enjoy.  Then to the Canadian Inverness with a long beach renowned for "sea glass". At first we could find none but left with my pockets full of the sea worn pieces of glass that will come in handy for my jewellery making course in July. In the water up to my knees, very refreshing and the sound of the waves is still echoing in my ears. 









2 comments:

  1. what a nice respite from our scorching heat this week...it just looks incredible, how can you leave? It is an interesting contrast to your European trip, both magnificent landscapes but in very different ways....I hope you bought some of that fine single malt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just noticed that you found Ron's "hometown" as well

    ReplyDelete