Saturday 8 June 2013

The Mystery of Hockey Revealed

I must confess that to this point in my life I have not been a true Canuck and followed our national passion of ice hockey. Watching it on television has reminded me of water bugs darting over the surface of the water with their patterns full of direction and purpose for them, but looking random and chaotic to me. Very hard to stay focused on a game like that. After attending a ball hockey game at the fabulous new rink in the old Maple Leaf Gardens night, my life as I knew it will never be the same. It makes a huge difference seeing the entire rink and all the players on it rather than having the game reinterpreted by television camera men. RBC then explained the hockey rules of face offs and icing which were much clearer after Seeing a live game. This  reinforces the benefits to me of experiencing people, places and events live rather than through the eyes of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment