Thursday 20 June 2013

Summer Soon

My daughter  stayed with me this week while at her placement in the final lap  of her two year journey to her master's degree. My luxury of time has let us return for a brief moment to to our relationship of the past. Making her breakfast, getting her up in the morning, driving her to work (not school at this point!) and tucking her in at night. All so nostalgic and comfortable. I really admire her determination and accomplishments in addition to her enthusiasm for our garden. She assisted in the defence against the rabbits. No signs of entry so far.  I read the other day that a good way to keep rabbits out of a garden is to discover where their warren is and plant them a little garden of their own nearby. How sweet!
Kale, greens, two spears of asparagus and garlic scapes  are the harvest for today. The strawberries are very tart and best eaten just picked warm from the sun. 


1 comment: