Wednesday 24 April 2013

London Day 2

I am thoroughly enjoying the warm spring breezes and sunshine. I spent a wonderful day with a friend that I met in Toronto over 40 years ago. We had many laughs recalling travels and escapades from the early days and catching up on more recent news. Feels trite to say how precious good friends and shared experiences are, but these things do form a backdrop for all that follows. I had asked her if there was anything new to see since my last visit to London about 10 years ago and she said what about the "Shard". Never heard of it I said, so off we went. Wow. It is a very tall glass building in the heart of London that provides fantastic views over the whole city in every direction. Great views of the Tower of London and the Thames. Well worth a visit!

As Samuel Johnson once said,
When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life.












No comments:

Post a Comment